Valentine’s Day is a day set aside for love that is observed in countless countries throughout the world. As early as the 18th century, lovers who courted would express their heartfelt sentiments to each other. Even then, flowers, sweet treats and greeting cards were exchanged. The symbols used were the very same ones we recognize today, such as the shape of the heart, cupid and doves.
This well-established tradition remains popular despite the fact that it is one of the rare working day celebrations unlike other love-centered events like Mother’s Day or Father’s Day, owing its acclaim and longevity to the public’s appetite for demonstrations of affection.
What “V” Stands For
The object of your love, or your lover, is expecting an affirmation of your love and affection. Every year, a renewal of your commitment and adoration is expected on Valentine’s Day. Your dedication must grow so much so that it is more deeply rooted with another year together.
Even before the holiday decorations or the Christmas trees have all come down, we start getting nudges from advertisers and businesses to prepare for V-day! Your wallet is still burning from the expenses of the holidays, but against your better judgement, you really have to do well on this very important day. It’s little known that a poorly executed Valentine’s Day typically results in the inevitable Vendetta day to follow. The pressure to perform is certainly real! Do not let yourself think that your partner will brush off any half-hearted attempt on your part.
Gold Medal Performance
Here is a proposition that is well thought out to ensure your lover’s delight on this fateful Day. In fact, this formula could very well be THE strategy to garner a Valentine’s Day gold medal. If so, it just may be possible to be absolved from any pre- and post- Valentine’s Day performances in your lifetime.
Let’s illustrate why this concocted approach will guarantee positive results. Firstly, this approach keeps the attention of the object of your affection all day long. Nothing is more heart-warming than being thought of all day.
Secondly, the messages you will sent were written for fairy tales. Fairy tales are nostalgic love stories that magically bring special people together in moonstruck, dreamy ways. Disney has perfected dewy-eyed romance in sugary, lovey-dovey storytelling that are sloppy and touching. The quotes below are “famous” in that they are re-quoted in proposals and weddings.
Lastly, but by no means least, each of the quotes come with a “happily ever after” conclusion where two lovers met and are perfectly committed to loving each other for time eternal. Valentine’s Day is the day where we set aside the harshness of real life to build love castles in the sky that are fantastically embedded in love. Is this not the intention of Valentine’s Day?
Your Starring Role
Ready or not, you are scheduled to play the part of the co-star. So, dress the part and memorize your lines. The good news is, this plan is totally painless. It is perfect for you.
A little preparation is all you need. Seek help of a tech-savvy friend if needed. And, please, check for typos if you are re-typing.
Objective: Deliver a love note each hour for 24 hours on February 14th.
Send one Disney love quote every hour beginning at 1 am from the list below via email, text, voice mail, paper notes, or any method with which you are most familiar. It’s even better if you know how to schedule or queue these notes to be delivered at the appointed time.
List of Disney Quotes: You may re-arrange the order. Two bonus quotes have been provided, if needed.
1. A dream is a wish your heart makes…whatever you wish for, you keep – Cinderella
2. All at once everything looks different, now that I see you – Tangled
3. And so they all lived happily ever after – Enchanted
4. Any day spent with you is my favourite day. So, today is my favourite day – Winnie the Pooh
5. Deep in my soul, I know that I’m your destiny – Mulan
6. From this day on now and forever more, you’ll be in my heart – Tarzan
7. How do you spell love? You don’t spell love; you feel it – Winnie the Pooh
8. I knew at once that you were meant for me – Mulan
9. I made a wish upon a star. I turned around and there you were – Bolt
10. I’ll be your candle on the water, my love for you will always burn – Pete’s Dragon
11. Keep me in your heart. I’ll stay there forever – Winnie the Pooh
12. Love goes on and on – Robin Hood
13. Love is a song that never ends – Bambi
14. No matter what happens, I’ll always be with you forever – Pocahontas
15. Once in a while, right in the middle of an ordinary life, love gives us a fairy tale. – Unknown
16. So this is love, so this is what makes life divine – Cinderella
17. Some people are worth melting for – Frozen
18. Some things were just meant to be, and that’s you and me – Winnie the Pooh
19. To face the future with another who means more than any other is to be loved – The Rescuers
20. We’re simply meant to be – Nightmare before Christmas
21. Whatever we may do, you are here for me and I’ll be there for you – Aladdin
22. You are stupendous and perfect in every way – Tangled
23. You mean more to me than anything in this whole world – Peter Pan
24. You’re the best thing I never knew I needed – Princess & the Frog
25. You’re the one who can fill the world with sunshine – Snow White
26. You’re the one, the one that I’ve been looking for – The Little Mermaid
In all matters, always be prepared. So, this contingency plan is just in case the hackers of the world unite and shut down all the social media and communication devices known in the modern technological world. Unlikely, but since no one wants to deal with “Vendetta Day,” then execute Plan B. See below.
Florists stand ready with red roses and beautiful bouquets. Bakers prepared chocolate dipped strawberries, candied hearts and special chocolates. Stationery stores stocked greeting cards that come with bells, whistles and glitter that will stay with you for a full week. And, just in case, stuffed teddy bears and pillowed hearts are waiting at the toy stores.
My bet is, you’ll get your gold medal. Take a picture of you and your smiling partner, and send it in to us! Happy Valentine’s Day to you and yours.